Thank you for signing up for the Hello PLATO pilot program! We hope that your experience using Hello PLATO with Google Classroom is convenient and easy to setup. Your input is invaluable to the future of Hello PLATO.
You might want to bookmark this page so you can revisit these instructions and access the post-pilot surveys at a later date.
In order for us to learn more about you, please complete this pre-pilot survey.
Use Hello PLATO to Create Lessons and Quizzes
2. Authorize Hello PLATO to connect to your Google Classroom.
This step is only required the first time you use Hello PLATO with Google Classroom!
- Click the AUTHORIZE W/ GOOGLE button.
- Enter your Google Classroom email and password.
- You will need to allow Hello PLATO to access your Google Classroom account (a series of 7 prompts). You will receive a success message when you reach the end. 😉
3. Create a lesson or quiz.
- Start by clicking on the Add Test button
- Give it a name
- Add Content (Text, Image, or Video)
- Add Question (T/F or Multiple Choice)
4. Test Your Lesson or Quiz
- You will need to download and install WhatsApp on your mobile device. After this, you can also add WhatsApp Desktop to your laptop (if you choose).
- Add Hello PLATO’s number as a contact +1 (561) 448-7076
- Type Hello to wake PLATO
- Enter your name
- Enter the test code (from the Hello PLATO Dashboard)
5. Export lesson or quiz to Google Classroom.
- Click EXPORT TO GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- Enter the Enrollment Code. This is your Google Classroom Class code
- Click Export.
Each time you export to Google Classroom, the students enrolled in your class will receive an email notification. TIP: Copy the Hello PLATO test code and paste it into the Course Title (i.e. Photosynthesis – kn35thy), so your students receive the test code at the same time they receive notification that they have an assignment waiting.
Onboard Students and Assign Lessons
We recommend that you walk students through this step in class. Students will only need to complete steps 1-6 one time for the initial setup.
- Students will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the link in the email to start the authorization process.
- Enter the cell phone number they will be using to complete lessons.
- Students will receive a text from 1-561-448-7076 asking them to complete the Google Classroom Authorization process.
- Students should click the link in the text and sign in to their Google Classroom account. They will then be asked to allow Hello PLATO permission to access their account (a series of 7 prompts).
- Students need to download and install WhatsApp https://www.whatsapp.com/download on their phones.
- Once WhatsApp is installed, add Hello PLATO’s number to contacts.
or scan the QR code.
- Now you can share the test code (from the lesson or quiz you created) with your students.
- Students just need to type “Hello” to wake PLATO and then it will ask for the test code.
Please have your students complete the Student Survey. Thank you!
Post Pilot Survey
Now that you’ve used Hello PLATO, we want to find out what you thought! Please complete this survey. Thank you!